From UFStarfleet LCARS
Author(s): Ezra Sweet
College: College of Medical Sciences
School: School of Medical Protocols
Current version: 090730
Delivery Method: Classroom lecture
Assessment Method: Written Examination
Class Status: ACTIVE
Class Length: 15 minutes + Exam
Synopsis: This class looks at the operational methods and practices that the Medical personnel aboard a starship should adhere to so that they can perform there duties.
The materials as used in the creation of this class are the property of United Federation Starfleet Academy (UFSA) of United Federation Starfleet Inc. (UFS), and they are solely intended for the private use of our members. UFS holds no claims to any trademarks, copyrights, or properties held by CBS Paramount Television, any of its subsidiaries, or on any other company's or person's intellectual properties which may or may not be contained within.
No portion of these materials may be copied or republished in any or form without the written consent of a Director of United Federation Starfleet, Inc. All content drawn in from sources outside of UFS are used per Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107: Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, of the United States code. The material as used is for educational purposes only and no profit is made from the use of the material.
Material used in this specific class was inspired, copied and/or summarised from the sources referenced below, and various Star Trek films, television episodes and licensed works.
- Medical Equipment - http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Medical_equipment
- Medical Log: Supplemental - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/4156/index2.html
- Medical Video's Online - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/surgeryvideos.html
- Patient Education - http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp080.cfm
- Preparing for Surgery - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/preparingforsurgery/gs109107.pdf
- Scrubs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_(clothing)
- UFS Medical Folder Notecard - Anesthetics and Sedatives
- UFS Medical Folder Notecard - Drugs, equipment and when to use them
- Uniforms - http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2351-2365/uniforms.htm