From UFStarfleet LCARS
|Roma (Midgar III)|
|*Class: Class M (Terrestrial)|
|*Location: Midgar Sector, Delta Quadrant|
|*Star System: Roma Star System|
|*Species of Note:Pre-Warp Humanoids|
|*Faction Affiliation: Non-aligned|
|Discovered by the USS Sheppard on Stardate 101120.|
- classification: Class M
- distance from sun: 1.0 AU
- diameter: 12,000 km (*approximation)
- gravity: Normal Class-M Gravity
- atmosphere: Oxygen, Nitrogen, Trace Elements.
- weather system: Gentle weather patterns, some tropical storms in some areas.
- temp.: N/A.
- surface: Islands located in southern hemisphere with extensive volcanic activity.
- lifeforms: Pre-warp Humanoids.
- tech. level: Comparable to Earth's "Roman" period, 100 AD
- specials: N/A
Roma is a Class M world which has extensive island formation around the southern and equatorial lines, this is often accompanied with extensive volcanic activity which has been sighted in the reason. On Stardate 101120, the USS Sheppard encountered Roma while search for thier missing Chief of Operations Officer Commander Pema Nakamura who had been marooned on the planet since her shuttle was crashed. The people of this world were compariable to the ancient "Roman" culture of Earth in beliefs and attire (which included Toga's). The planet is at an evolutionary state which suggests that this M-Class world has only been fully developed for a short period of ten million years. The USS Sheppard reported extensive volcanic activity on the world which could be as a result of the planet's age. Scans from the ship also revealed extensive botanical life which is commonly attributed to Class M planets and the presence of non-humanoid creatures that closely match animal life, albiet mostly avian and aquatic.