From UFStarfleet LCARS
The Photon torpedo is a Self-propelled missile consisting of a small quantity of matter and antimatter bound together in a magnetic container, used as a tactical weapon by Federation starships. Upon detonation the torpedo created a matter-antimatter explosion. These torpedoes have an effective range of approximately 8 million kilometers. Despite Quantum torpedo's being more powerful that Photon torpedo's, UFS still use both torpedo types.
- Varies dependent on launcher type
- Maximum of 200 (Dependant on Class)
- The Photon torpedo has a basic deflector shield system designed to protect the torpedo from environmental dangers such as planet surfaces or a stars radiation
- Subspace detonator used to abort torpedo
- Photon Torpedo's utilise a Sustainer engine for propulsion. The engine coils of the warp sustainer grab and hold a hand-off warp field from the torpedo launcher tube's sequential field induction coils. A miniature matter/antimatter fuel cell adds power to the hand-off field. When launched in warp flight, torpedo will continue to travel at warp, when launched at sublight, torpedo will travel at a high sublight speed, but will not cross the warp threshold.
- Torpedo's can be converted for a variety of scientific uses.
- Torpedo casing can be used to place dead crew members in
- Vessel Simulation Software
- Multi Frequency Beacon
- Secondary Data Collection