From UFStarfleet LCARS
The provisions herein are to:
- Define Neutral relations between United Federation Starfleet [UFS] and The Myrmidon Order in a mutually beneficial and lateral agreement to be utilized in the future relations between the two sovereign groups.
- Encourage the foundations of agreement in the Delta Quadrant through the cooperation of United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order taking steps to avoid an armed conflict with one another.
- Encourage the unity of officers and individuals by the cooperation of both groups on a scientific and operational level to facilitate continued peaceful relations.
The following provisions are the result of the cooperative and mutual agreement of United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order serving as a standing document between both groups.
Section I: Establishment of Sovereignty
- Article 1
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order recognize each other as:
- Sovereign, independent groups with a rich cultural and ancestral connection.
- Members of the intergalactic community.
- Groups with a responsibility to protect and serve their populations on accordance with their own laws and traditions.
- Neutral parties in the affairs of one another.
Section II: Cooperative Interaction
- Article 2
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order will relate in a neutral manner to one another. Formation of trade agreements is permissible, as well as exchange of scientific and cultural information.
- Article 3
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order agree to not annex or occupy territories belonging to each other unless is is under a mutually approved joint agreement.
- Article 4
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order recognize the possibility that conflicts could break out on both sides however will endeavor to ensure that relations stay neutral rather than degrading to full-out warfare.
- Article 5
The borders of United Federation Starfleet's Colony and The Myrmidon Order will be controlled, yet passable:
- Members of either group wishing to visit either group will be permitted reasonable passage on non-military vessels across the borders.
- Members of either group will be subject to reasonable search for contraband and other illegal substance upon crossing the border.
- Members of either group will be subject to question as to their business in the other colony and the length of time they plan to be there.
- All vessels passing into United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order are subject to the laws of that government.
- Article 6
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order agree they will not make aggressive actions towards each other. Aggressive action is defined as an action which is directed to harm in a manner which leads to a loss of life or property.
- Article 7
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order agree to have trade of goods and resources. Technology deemed as restricted will not be traded.
Section III: OOC Explanation
- Article 8
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order will by and large likely relate in a way that is peaceful, however if The Myrmidon Order is called on by Orions Sword, it should be understood that they would be fighting as an ally. No actions should be taken against The Myrmidon Order unless there is a formal declaration of war.
- Article 9
United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order while neutral will be utilizing a role-play theme that is based on infiltration, sabotage, or aggressive intelligence gathering techniques towards the other. In essence, it is a dangerous universe, there could be a clash of culture and arms, diplomacy, failed diplomacy, misunderstandings that could lead to war, skirmishes that come about as a result. However battles will be secondary while interaction between cultures will be primary.
The Provisions above represent the article herein that a Neutral agreement will established between United Federation Starfleet and The Myrmidon Order so long as both sides recognize this document as legal and legitimate. Parties agree to pleasant OOC relations and on an in character level to utilize force against one another as a last resort, and will utilize diplomatic process to revise, appeal or terminate the agreement herein.
FOR UNITED FEDERATION STARFLEET: FAdm Mike Calhoun Commander-in-Chief United Federation Starfleet
FOR THE MYRMIDON ORDER: KrakkenAres Hyperion (SL Name = KrakkenAres Pleides) Supreme Commander of the Myrmidon Order From the Planet Praxis (45,219,31)