From UFStarfleet LCARS
Author(s): Fargus Skytower, Valerius Swansong
College: College of Medical Sciences
School: School of Medical Practice
Current version: 100327
Delivery Method: Classroom lecture
Assessment Method: Classroom Discussion
Class Status: ACTIVE
Class Length: 25 minutes + Discussion
Synopsis: A class which discusses the critically important subject of Medical Ethics
The materials as used in the creation of this class are the property of United Federation Starfleet Academy (UFSA) of United Federation Starfleet Inc. (UFS), and they are solely intended for the private use of our members. UFS holds no claims to any trademarks, copyrights, or properties held by CBS Paramount Television, any of its subsidiaries, or on any other company's or person's intellectual properties which may or may not be contained within.
No portion of these materials may be copied or republished in any or form without the written consent of a Director of United Federation Starfleet, Inc. All content drawn in from sources outside of UFS are used per Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107: Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, of the United States code. The material as used is for educational purposes only and no profit is made from the use of the material.
Material used in this specific class was inspired, copied and/or summarised from the sources referenced below, and various Star Trek films, television episodes and licensed works.
- (ENG) Richard M. Zaner. Philosophy and Medicine. ISBN 1 -55608-053-0
- (ENG) Alastair Campbell, Grant Gillett, Gareth Jones. Medical Ethics. ISBN 978-5-9704-0413-3
- (ENG) John Reynold Williams. Manual Medicine Ethic. 5-9704-0115-3
- (RUS) Mikhail Yarovinskiy. Medical ethics (Bioethics). Students' Materials. ISBN 5-225-03947-2
- (RUS) Ivan Makshanov. Medical deonthology. ISBN 985-06-0393-3
- Hippocratic Oath - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath
- Medical Ethics - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Ethics
- Primum Non Nocere - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primum_non_nocere