From UFStarfleet LCARS
Author(s): Susie657 Resident
College: College of Galactic Sciences
School: School of Astro Sciences
Current version: 110531
Delivery Method: Classroom lecture
Assessment Method: Written Examination
Class Status: ACTIVE
Class Length: 21 minutes + Exam
Synopsis: The intention of this class is to teach the fundamentals of starmapping (stellar cartography) using the galaxy, quadrants, sectors, systems and how they are defined and measured as the basis for this.
The materials as used in the creation of this class are the property of United Federation Starfleet Academy (UFSA) of United Federation Starfleet Inc. (UFS), and they are solely intended for the private use of our members. UFS holds no claims to any trademarks, copyrights, or properties held by CBS Paramount Television, any of its subsidiaries, or on any other company's or person's intellectual properties which may or may not be contained within.
No portion of these materials may be copied or republished in any or form without the written consent of a Director of United Federation Starfleet, Inc. All content drawn in from sources outside of UFS are used per Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107: Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, of the United States code. The material as used is for educational purposes only and no profit is made from the use of the material.
Material used in this specific class was inspired, copied and/or summarised from the sources referenced below, and various Star Trek films, television episodes and licensed works.
- Broek. G (2008) Stellar Cartography 101, UFSA Class
- Fabri. G.E. (1996) Star Trek Fact Files
- Galactic Directions - http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Galactic_Directions
- Mandel, G. (2002) Star Trek Star Charts, Pocket Books
- Sector - http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sector
- Star Cartography - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_cartography
- Star Trek Cartography - http://www.stdimension.org/int/Cartography
- Star Trek Map - http://www.startrekmap.com/
- Stellar Cartography - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Stellar_cartography
- Stellar Cartography - http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagscitech.php?42
- Yuitza. T. (2010) Flight Controller Theory, UFSA Class