From UFStarfleet LCARS
The Director of Continuing Education oversees the current continuing education classes, including the Academy Degree Program, the Seed a Ship Program, and various other certificate or diploma courses that may be created over time.
- Creation and maintenance of all continuing education programs.
- Sends out certificates for completed levels of each program to members.
- Ensures awarded degrees, diplomas and certificates are properly reported to Academy Awards.
- Announces the awarding of degrees in the ACE section of the UFS forum.
- Creates and oversees the Office's tracking documents, participant guides, and procedure manuals.
- Ensures participants of ACE programs have ready access to the classes and sims they need.
- Attendance of official UFS Academy functions is mandatory!
- 171110 - present Poison Toocool
- Command Protocols I: Starship & Starbase Command
- Effective Delegation
- Federation Law 101
- Instructor Training - UFSA
- Interpersonal Communications
- Introduction to Leadership
- Introduction to United Federation Starfleet
- Introduction to the United Federation of Planets
- Introduction to UFS Academy
- History of UFS
- History of UFS II
- History of UFS III
- Protocols and Procedures
- Simulator Training 8hrs min
- UFS Ethics
These classes must be taken within X number of days of taking the billet
- Bridge Duty Stations
- Introduction to UFS Operations
- Orders and Directives
- Prime Directive I
- Prime Directive II
Suggestions (Not Required)
- Excellent command of written English.
- Active Academy Instructor
- Must have passed a good number of classes from a wide range of colleges
- Basic to advanced knowledge of graphic programs
- Knowledge of how to work and update the UFS-Wiki
UF STARFLEET ACADEMY CONTINUING EDUCATION (ACE)
United Federation Starfleet is pleased to offer Continuing Education to all members who have successfully graduated UFS Academy. Whether your focus is learning about Starfleet’s history, obtaining diplomatic and cultural information, or discovering more about your chosen branch, we have designed programs we hope will provide you with an easy-to-understand structure of requirements and electives.
Here’s what’s currently available to you:
If you’d rather not enter a structured program, you may continue to take classes that interest you when you have time! You may wish to note that there are specific Academy Awards based on the number of classes you have passed. Have a look at section 3.3 of the UFSA Manual for more information:
Academy Degree Program
You may choose to enter the Academy Degree Program (ADP). There are no prerequisites for entering ADP other than being a member in good standing who has graduated from basic Academy (Fleet, Marine, Enlisted).
ADP gives you so many choices! You may just take the basic Associate’s degree. Or you might want to go on and earn a Bachelor, Masters, or even a Doctorate. Whatever you choose to do, or how far you plan to go… may you enjoy your participation! The ADP program aims to challenge you just a little, and that’s so when you have completed the requirements, you can feel a real sense of accomplishment when you are awarded your Degree! You’ll find more information at this LCARS:
Assisting at UFS Academy
Just a quick note to say that the Academy has various jobs available for those interested. There’s also a ton administrative work behind the scenes which needs detailed-oriented folks to help keep things organized. Check out the possibilities:
The UF Starfleet Academy Continuing Education Division is always looking for exciting ways to engage our membership and provide opportunities for learning in a vibrant and immersive environment. Check back regularly to see what we’ve cooked up!!
Command & General Staff Development Graduate Program
Those interested in senior administrative positions or ship’s command may wish to apply to the Command & General Staff Development Graduate Program (called CGSD for short) once they have the requirements of rank (minimum LT) and active time in service (min 6 months). The CGSD is under the direct oversight of the UF Starfleet Commander in Chief and/or his Deputy. While any member in good standing may participate in programs developed by Academy Continuing Education, entry into the Command Graduate Program is by approval only. All applications are scrutinized by the CGSD Board. For more information on the application process and requirements: